Live, Laugh, LOVE

Live, Laugh, LOVE

Monday, July 6, 2009

Busy week

We have had a terrible, great, fun week and weekend. The week started off really really bad. As most of ya'll have already heard, I had to give out the terrible letters Wednesday to let everyone know that Tender Years will be closing their doors July 31st. It is just terrible. The committee decided the devastating news Sunday night and the parents all found out on Wednesday. We just don't have enough children to pay salaries, taxes, buy groceries, and keep it running on a day to day basis. It makes a hard ship for everyone (including myself) in this county. Everyone is growing up and leaving the county which means the kids are going with them. Which is wonderful for the families but sad for the county. I hope and pray that Central Academy can hold out and make it in the future. Tender Years closing means I also lose my job which is terrible. Granted I do have my education to fall back on and go back to teaching but unfortunately most of these positions have already been filled. But good news on the horizon.... I have a job interview at Mississippi State Univ. today at 3:30 and I pray it goes well. It is at the child development center on campus working with infants which would be wonderful if the pay is right. Please pray for me and my family. Hopefully something will come along soon. I have always said if one door closes, another one will open... but as my friend, Becky Syfrett said, sometimes it is hell in the hallway!!!!
John has been home this week. First time is 6 years that he has been home on the 4th. We had a pretty decent week. He fished a few days, hunted one day then his dogs got hurt, went to lake ALL DAY, and went to the river on Sunday. YEA he spent some time with us in there as well; we've just been busy. We spent the 4Th with family and friends. We went to Mawmaw's for lunch and the entire family made it so we took family pictures. I will post them asap. We then went to the lake where we saw lots of friends and even more family. Braedon had a big day and enjoyed every minute of it. He really loves going to eat at Mawmaw's cause he never knows what he might get to eat. This week he ate corn on the cob and he loved it... NO TEETH... He just gummed it. So cute. Yesterday John went to the river and Braedon and I went shopping... Braedon got new shoes and I got a few new wardrobe pieces. Last night we went to eat at the Banks house and enjoyed visiting with them. This week will be a long one. John is leaving tonight some time and I have a meeting at CA, I will be awaiting news from the interview, and Savanah and Landon have allstar games at the same time in two different locations so the week should be interesting. Have a great week everyone... I will post all the pictures soon.

2 comments:

The Lindley Family said...

OMG! So sorry to hear about Tender Years...I had not heard. Great news about the job interview; we will be praying for you. Always good to get an update on Braedon. Little Miss Maggie could be walking soon but I don't think she will because she won't get off of her toes (which makes it hard to keep balanced). In the meantime, she will continue to crawl at a fast pace, pull up on everything in sight and of course, get into absolutely everything! Fun times! Hate we couldn't make it down for the 4th we are all recovering from the a terrible stomach virus.

Anonymous said...

I hate it about Tender Years, but when God closes one door He opens another. I know you will be okay and I will keep you in my prayers. Braedon is getting so big...his birthday is just around the corner.
Savanah and Landon have games and so does William and Preston plus we have a birthday party this weekend for my best friends little girl. Everything happens at one time. Take care! I hope it works out at State. We can do lunch :)